The Department of Computer and Information Science within the School of Engineering offers minors that are available to most undergraduate students at the University of Mississippi. Students interested in one of these minors should consult their academic advisors.
See the Course Descriptions page for specific information on the computer science courses.
These minors are NOT available to students in the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) program or the Bachelor of Arts major in Computer Science (BACS).
Note: For the precise minor requirements, students and their advisors should consult the applicable catalog, current regulations, and Degree Audit application. The Computer Science minor is available in Fall 2021 (as it had been for several years). The Data Science minor becomes available in Fall 2022.
Computer Science Minor (18 credit hours)
- CSci 111, Computer Science I
- CSci 112, Computer Science II
- CSci 211, Computer Science III
- 3 additional hours of computer science (CSci) courses at the 200 level or higher
- 6 additional hours of computer science courses at the 300 level or higher
Data Science Minor (18 credit hours)
- CSci 256, Programming in Python
- CSci 343, Fundamentals of Data Science
- CSci 443, Advanced Data Science
- CSci 475, Introduction to Database Systems
- Two courses chosen from the following:
- CSci 345, Information Storage and Retrieval
- CSci 356, Data Structures in Python
- CSci 444, Information Visualization
- CSci 492, Special Topics in Data Science
- CSci 517, Natural Language Processing
- CSci 543, Data Mining