Since the approval of the computer science programs in 1975, approximately one thousand BSCS, BA, MS, and PhD degrees have been granted through the Department of Computer and Information Science. Our alumni have achieved success in industry, higher education, and government. From college campuses, doctors' offices, and courtrooms, to corporate board rooms and government agencies, our alumni have gone on to a wide variety of careers. If you are a graduate of the Department and wish to post your profile, please contact us.
Stay in Contact
The Department has established groups on social media sites to enable its graduates to maintain contact with each other and with the Department's faculty and staff. These include:
Of course, you can still contact us the "old-fashioned way" via telephone, email, or snail mail.
Information for Alumni and Friends
The University provides the following information of interest to:
- Ole Miss alumni and friends
- Visitors (in case you have not been to Ole Miss and Oxford for a while)
- School of Engineering alumni and friends
- Graduate School alumni
Opportunities to Get Involved
Alumni and friends of the Department can help us in various ways:
- Alumni guest lecturer: Alumni can come back and share their experiences and expertise with our current students. Please contact the Department Chair, Dr. Conrad Cunningham, if you are interested in exploring this opportunity.
- Engineering Career Fair: Each year the School of Engineering hosts two career fairs. We hope your company will attend and hire Ole Miss computer science graduates and graduates form other Engineering programs. For more information, please contact Jonathan Harrington with the Career Center.
- Financial support: With State support for higher education shrinking, the University, School, and Department depend increasingly upon tuition and gifts from its alumni and friends to maintain the high quality and innovation that are hallmarks of this institution. You can help us by giving through the University of Mississippi Foundation, perhaps designating the Department of Computer and Information Science as the recipient.
if you have any questions about giving to the Department or the School of Engineering, send an email message to Joshua Waggoner, Director of Development for the School of Engineering.