Employment and Internship Opportunities
Wood Security -- Security Officer
Posted July 11th, 2017
Wood Security is currently hiring security officers to work in the Oxford and Lafayette County area. We are looking for people who have a professional demeanor and can work various hours. We understand the value of your education and will try to work you as your class schedule allows.
The security officer of today not only needs to have the stamina to work physical security but needs to have a mind for business and understanding of computer science and Information Technology. If interested in gaining some firsthand security experience or just need a part time job please contact Patrick Wood @ 6629020125 or come by the office located at 195 Highway 6 E, Oxford , MS 38655. Office hours are 10:00 am till 4:00 pm, Tuesday through Thursday.
CoreLogic -- Software Engineer
Posted June 28th, 2017
About CoreLogic | FNC:
Software technology company CoreLogic | FNC continues to revolutionize the mortgage technology industry building systems that give mortgage lenders and servicers access to the most current residential real estate information available.
We are a fast-paced, collaborative financial software company, where driving multiple projects and priorities is the norm. We seek a diverse workforce, where the expertise of many produces excellence for all. We love to think, invent, and develop software, while thoroughly enjoying the process. We wear jeans to work and believe the process should be fun. We believe our people are our most important asset, and we support that belief with extraordinary benefits, casual work spaces, and open-door management.
In this role, you will work directly with other engineers, analysts, testers, and product owners to build, enhance, and maintain enterprise-class web platforms and services. You will work across the application stack, building sophisticated client-side interactions, strong middle-tier infrastructure, and efficient data access in a distributed environment. We will look to you for input and direction on code design as well as assisting on subprojects to drive them through completion.
We are primarily a Microsoft shop, but at the heart of it all, we are about using technology to solve real problems. We use the best tools available each and every day to solve our client’s challenges and are not married to any one technology. Whether that is caching with Redis, big data management with MongoDB, or iOS development, the problem drives our choice of tools, not the other way around.
We employ XP (extreme programming) methodologies in our Innovation Labs where Java, big data tools, and open source technologies are prevalent. Our largest platforms are primarily, although certainly not exclusively, on the Microsoft stack, consisting largely of ASP.NET MVC, Web API, C#, SQL Server, jQuery, knockout, AngularJS, etc. We also, have a few core applications built on Classic ASP, which we are renovating and modernizing. We extensively use Team Foundation Server as our ALM platform, and we rely on agile methodologies for our development, testing, and deployment processes. We are always looking for ways to push the envelope and find the best solution to the problem, regardless of technology.
If you have a true passion for writing maintainable, testable, SOLID, software, have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and are looking for an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues, then we would love to talk with you.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or related discipline, or equivalent related experience
- Deep understanding of SOLID principles of object oriented design
- Experience building web applications, ideally on the Microsoft technology stack with C#, ASP.Net MVC, and Web API
- Proficiency in unit testing and TDD
- Experience designing and developing high performing, relational databases
- Experience with automated build systems and continuous integration/deployment
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast paced, agile, team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- REST / RESTful web service design and programming
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as AngularJS or knockout
- Familiarity with message queues or event bus technologies like RabbitMQ and NServiceBus
- Experience with NoSQL platforms, such as Redis and MongoDB
Please apply at directly at the CoreLogic.com jobs site.
TheeKeyz -- Website Intern
Posted June 14th, 2017
TheeKeyz is a real estate software company changing the market one property at a time. We are a real estate startup business looking for eager students or recent graduates that are reliable, independent thinkers and have a positive attitude. This is an opportunity to build diverse portfolio to really build your career. We are offering a real world experience for a summer computer science intern. We are looking for a driven, ambitious individual who wants to help build Websites, Web-ware, CRM Systems, Database solutions, etc. The ideal candidate is well-organized, has a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit, as well as a strong intellectual curiosity and passion for building brands. The perfect candidate will develop, code, test, debug, maintain, modify and implement complex application software that is delivered on time and within budget. This is a learning experience. All resumes will be looked over and responded to. We understand that students are still learning and might not have all of the required experience. We are willing to teach so apply.
● Works closely with a Web Designer to translate high-level Website & Web Applications into functional websites.
● Responsible for developing detailed design and code for new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications.
● Responsible for generating and maintaining custom Code
● Responsible for connecting to third party API’s, like: Google Maps, Mailchimp, PayPal
● Ability to implement and develop code connecting databases to completed front end code without compromising the currently implemented style and design.
● Work with web content management resources to maintain site standards, and implementing necessary changes.
● Will be required to work on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
● Provides production support and performance monitoring of critical production systems.
● Responsible for providing accurate and timely communication of the status of assignments, job responsibilities, and the resolution of problems to the appropriate parties following established policies and procedures.
● Participates in team estimation, planning, and meetings.
● Perform special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
● Continue Learning with online / offline resources.
● These tasks are subject to change, and not limited to the above.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● Going to School for Computer Science, or equivalent relevant experience.
● 1+ Years of Object Oriented PHP5 Experience
● 1+ Years of Experience in SQL Database - (MySQL, Relational Databases, SQL Server, - PostgreSQL)
● Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
● Must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, and new challenges
● Experience developing software for large customer base.
● Good technical communication, documentation and organizational skill
● Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
● Must be highly motivated and creative. Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines. Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to customer information.
Please submit a resume and work examples (if you have any) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience -- Manager of IT
Posted May 4th, 2017
The Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience (The MAX) is seeking an important addition to the new museum team. Please share this opportunity with any candidates or graduating students you may consider qualified and interested. Thank you for your support.
MANAGER OF IT/AV AND INTERACTIVE SYSTEMS
Overview / Summary
The Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience (The MAX) will be a world-class facility highlighting Mississippi artists and celebrating the contributions of arts and entertainment entrepreneurs in every artistic discipline. The MAX will open in April 2018. It will include cutting-edge digital interactives, mobile experiences, and films. Various hardware devices, screen types, and output formats will be used in the museum.
The Manager of AV and Interactive Systems (MAVIS) position will be two-fold. During design and installation, the MAVIS will work with the exhibition design firm, AV Designer, and AV Integrator, to learn and understand the reasons behind equipment and configuration choices. The MAVIS will help to facilitate a smooth installation by learning how to troubleshoot and assisting in troubleshooting during the installation and configuration of the interactive experiences. Post launch, the MAVIS will provide eyes on the ground to help identify any issues with the digital interactives, and provide first line of defense troubleshooting when an issue occurs. If unable to resolve problems, the MAVIS will need to be able to isolate the issue and determine who the appropriate party will be to remedy the issue. In addition to troubleshooting, the MAVIS will be part of planning scheduled maintenance, and as needed, planning future equipment upgrades. Ideally, the MAVIS will have experience using CMS systems and can help in updating and refreshing museum content.
- Act as a facilitator between the internal MAX staff, exhibit design firm, AV designer, and AV
- Study and understand design decisions around all digital interactives and related AV equipment
- Act as a troubleshooter for digital interactives, isolating issues to subsystems and specific equipment, so that the appropriate group can be contacted for support when the issue cannot be resolved in house
- Take long term responsibility for the maintenance of all systems supporting interactive experiences, including long-term maintenance plans
- Coordinate with IT staff as needed to ensure compliance of computer equipment and networks
- General IT maintenance of museum administrative computer system
- AV equipment setup for special events held in the museum
- Dependent on Candidate Background
- CMS System and updatability
- Aid in the adding of new content and management of existing content
Qualifications and Experience
- Four-year degree preferred but not required
- Experience in the deployment of complex AV systems, either from a design, management, or hands on standpoint
- Troubleshooting experience with computer networks, AV equipment, and digital interactives
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in various aspects of digital interactive/museum technologies
- Strong organizational skills required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have ability to accurately track and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Skills and AbilitiesFamiliarity with OS X and Windows, ideally working knowledge of both
- Ability to troubleshoot complex digital experiences
- Network level troubleshooting
- Equipment troubleshooting
- Basic application level troubleshooting (restarting application, checking logs, etc.)
- Ability to logically break down complex problems and troubleshoot them in a methodical manner
How to apply: Interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.
Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience
2118 Front Street
Meridian, MS 39301
PO Box 39302
Quip -- Diversity Scholarship
Posted April 11th, 2017
At Quip, we emphasize building a company that prioritizes work-life balance, inclusivity, and diversity. Part of it is culture, part of it is hiring, and part of it is community outreach. With this program, we hope to have an impact beyond our team, and do a small part to encourage students getting started in computer science, with these values in mind.
That’s how it all started, and it’s the main reason why we will continue to do it. But there’s another motivating factor for the Quip team too — the impact it has on us, in the Quip office. For 2016’s scholarship, more than half our engineering team was involved in reading applications, meeting the applicants, and answering questions. Even our co-founders, Bret and Kevin, met with candidates to answer questions and talk about engineering. So many incredible, deserving students applied, and our only regret was not being able to make an impact for every single one of them.
How it works
The Quip team will choose 10 recipients — 5 winners and 5 runners-up — to visit our office in San Francisco for a full day of learning, mentorship, and meeting the team (all expenses paid). At the end, each scholarship winner will receive $5,000 and each runner-up will receive $1,000 toward their education.
We're looking for applicants who:
Are part of a group that has been historically underrepresented in STEM (including but not limited to students who are: Women; Black, LatinX, American Indian, LGBTQ+, first-generation, and/or people with disabilities)
Have demonstrated interest or declaration of studying computer science or a related field.
Are currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters student in the U.S. or Canada, graduating in 2018 or later.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Applications are due on Sunday, April 16 at 11:59pm PDT.
More information available here: https://salesforce.quip.com/blog/2017-quip-diversity-scholarship
Proteus Technologies -- Computer Engineer/Entry Level
Posted March 31st, 2017
Proteus Technologies is a consulting company with an emphasis in acoustic instrumentation. Looking for energetic self-starter just entering the job market or with some experience to assist in the development of embedded oceanographic data acquistion systems.
Location: Slidell, LA
Education Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
- Proficiency in software development
- Strong Verilog or VHDL background
- C and C++ in Linux and Windows environments
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to perform work off-site at sea (physical exam required)
- Ability to obtain US security clearance
Grammer Industries -- IT Specialist/Plant IT
Posted March 24nd, 2017
Grammer Industries, located in Shannon MS, is recruiting recent and upcoming graduates for an IT Specialist position. The position will report to the IT Coordinator.
- Continuous improvement in processes and equipment
- Work with NAM IT to create and implement IT standards for hardware, operations, procedures and software
- Work to achieve 100% compliance with NAM and Central IT standards
- Communicate NAM and Central IT standards to end users
- Take part in regular communication with NAM IT
- Work with NAM IT to test and implement new technology within the plant
- Monitor and maintain LAN and WAN connectivity within the Plant
- Work to eliminate non-SAP IT systems where possible
- Training and support within the plant
- Maintain, install, configure and support desktop hardware and software in the plant
- Maintain, install, configure and support audio visual equipment
- Maintain a database of current and past support issues
- Work off-shifts as needed to provide support, training, or system maintenance
- Assist visitors from other Grammer plant locations
- Assist end users in emergency situations; may require nights, weekends and holidays
- Work with all departments to maintain and support application software
- Maintain and monitor compliance with Licensing and Software/Hardware usage policies
- Maintain system backups in compliance with IT Policies
- Install, configure and maintain Core LAN hardware and software in cooperation with NAM IT
- Maintain, setup and configure all LAN attached equipment (printers. Copiers, faxes, etc…)
- Prepare annual IT budget in cooperation with Plant Management and NAM IT
- System maintenance, troubleshooting and configuration
- Maintain telecommunications equipment within the Plant
Other responsibilities as required by management and or business operations.
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or equivalent training/experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Cisco switches and/or routers
- Microsoft Office
- Windows 2000/XP
- Familiar with and able to trouble-shoot Windows 2000/XP, Printers, Desktop computers, remote access, PDA’s, smart phones and network connectivity
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Sallary: $45k - $50k
How to Apply:
Send resumes to Minnie Hightower, HR Manager, Grammer Inc, 231 Laney Rd, Shannon, MS 38868, 662-678-3289, firstname.lastname@example.org